Sunday, May 07, 2006

Transitioning...

Perhaps he's not so bad after all.

Lt. Trouble just informed the family that he's getting his promotion a full two months early. Starting June 15th, they'll have to call him 1st Lieutenant Trouble. He's making with the modesty about the whole thing, but he's really excited about it. And I can't blame him.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to fly out for his ceremony. I start Grand Jury that week. It would have to be a brief visit regardless; he flies to San Antonio on the 17th for eye surgery anyway. So we'll just hold off until later on this year for a visit.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...

Well, actually, the ranch is moving. The kids and I are moving to a smaller house that's a lot cheaper than this place, where I hope to be able to start saving money again. By this time next year, I'll be out of bankruptcy, and then I'll seriously sock some green away for a small house someplace for the three of us.

Or maybe more. Who knows? Right now, there's no future STBEW's on the radar, but that may change.

Speaking of STBEW, I know I sometimes bitch about her...ok, I frequently bitch about her, but I've been in touch with some old friends (and some new friends) who are going through divorces that are far more acrimonious that mine. I'm seeing some really nasty fights out there. She could have sued for custody, and demanded support, and a whole bunch of ugliness could have ensued.

She's working the system to help her recovery, yes, but that's what the system is for. And as bad as the government's doing, it still has more money than I do.

At any rate, what with the move and all, my blogging will be even more sporadic than it is now. At least for the next week or so.

But things are getting better. Things are good now. But they will be better.

That I know.

Yeharr

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Good luck,moving is such a drain on the psyche,especially w/kids.

See ya when you get back to blogging.

Divorce is debilitating both financially and emotionally so you have alot on your plate. Hope you have a good support system, makes it easier to deal with all the changes.

2:36 AM  
Blogger Colleen said...

you have to find the good in things or the bad stuff wins

there is always someone out there who has it worse than you

have a good, safe, and stress free move (or as stress free as possible)

and congrats to 1st LT trouble

10:24 AM  
Blogger Notsocranky Yankee said...

Good luck with the move! Maybe a change of address will be like a new beginning...

1:45 PM  
Blogger Heidi the Hick said...

Lt Trouble is your oldest son, right?

I hope your STBEW does well with recovery. Even if you two won't be a couple in the future, she needs to recover.

Good luck with the move.

2:27 PM  
Blogger mal said...

you are dealing with two of the three most stressful life events and I think you are taking the right view in looking forward instead of worrying about where you have been

You will be doing great *S*

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home