Monday, May 08, 2006

So there I was...

right out of the shower, ready to get dressed and start the day. I had done laundry yesterday, but all of it was sitting in baskets in my kitchen. When I had gone downstairs for breakfast, I had grabbed the pants, shirts, socks and underwear I was going to wear today.

Or so I thought.

Here's something interesting: did you know that an 8-year-old girls' T-shirt is almost identical in size and weight to a 200-lb man's boxer briefs?

I found that out this morning.

No big deal, I tell myself, I'll just scoot downstairs to get myself a pair. Since the kids were still asleep and their door closed, I didn't bother wrapping myself in my towel.

I think you all know where this is going. I wish I had known this morning.

To get to the kitchen, I have to go through the front hallway. Most of my kitchen is not visible from the front door, but the basket with my underwear is right at the edge of the front hallway. I bend over to find some clean undies, and as I do, I hear a noise directly behind me.

Does your front door have a window in it? Mine does. I could see the meter reader standing there. He's very conspicously looking everyplace except indside.

I'm sure he had seen enough as it was.

I duck into the kitchen, pull on the underwear, throw on a pair of jeans and a T-shirt from another basket, and let the guy in.

He goes to the basement, reads the meter, and splits, having already seen my split.

I'm so damn glad I'm moving.

Yeharr

11 Comments:

Blogger Notsocranky Yankee said...

I'm sure you aren't the first guy who has mooned that meter reader. At least it wasn't a woman!

1:47 PM  
Blogger Colleen said...

bwahahahaha
you mooned the meterman

and here i thought the story was you flashed your kids

so much better than that!!!

we all have those stories
you are the only one brave enough to admit it

6:23 PM  
Blogger Rowena said...

Bahahahaha!

3:41 AM  
Blogger Rowena said...

Maybe BP would have got lucky if it had been a woman!

3:41 AM  
Blogger Heidi the Hick said...

My big man has no problem with nudity. He goes downstairs for a shower every morning and always forgets to bring his clothes. He don't care one bit. He often stands at the top of the steps by the front door -yep there's a window in it- and crows a big good morning to the neighbourhood.

We need to move out to the country real bad.

2:29 PM  
Blogger Madame X said...

My laundry room is in my boiler room which also houses the circut box and the hot water heaters...the plumber, the electrician and the boiler man have all seen me in various stages of undress...THEY ALL STILL CHARGE FULL PRICE!!!

WTF!?!?

3:04 PM  
Blogger United We Lay said...

Hey, these people come to YOUR home, usually at an inconvenient time. If the see soemthign they don't want to see, that's their problem. Besides, it's your house. ou could answer the door naked if you chose.

9:10 AM  
Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

notso--he did seem inherently moonable.

colleen--I've gone swimming enough times with the kids that seeing me naked is--although not a normal occurrance--not a big deal.

ro--must be some new meaning of the work 'lucky' that I'm not familiar with.

heidi--if he does that every morning, he's not 'forgetting.' he's making a statement. Has he 'marked his territory' as well? That would be the next step.

x--I'll be happy to snake out your drain. no charge.

uwl--you have a point. Of course I could answer the door naked. Problem is--what if I need that person to COME BACK?

yeharr

11:05 AM  
Blogger Heidi the Hick said...

Jethro is ALWAYS making a statement.

6:30 PM  
Blogger United We Lay said...

LOL, isn't it his JOB to come back. I only answer the door naked for evangelists.

10:08 AM  
Blogger mal said...

I would have been more worried if he had been excited by it all......

9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home