Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Bad Back

That's all I got for ya today.

Bad back.

Started Tuesday last, a little twinge in the posterior. Maybe I slept on it wrong.

Heading out to my car afer work, I slipped and landed hard on my hip because the parking lot wasn't salted.

Bang. Zoom.

This was Tuesday evening. AFTER spending the day with a bad back.

Hip crack
Bad Back
Give your dog a bone.

This old man needed about three minutes to get his ass off the ground at that point.

Then I spent several hours on Friday in uncomfortable airplane seats.

Then Florida;
Ahhh.

Nice weather. But ever try walking in sand with a bad back? I don't reccommend it.
The kids wanted to go into the surf. So I went too.

I did pretty good for the most part,

I turned sideways with all the big waves.

Except for one.

My daughter had fallen in the surf, and I turned my back to the ocean to help her up.

The Atlantic Ocean is a bastard.

BAM! Big assed wave, right in the middle of my back.

I felt the bones of my spine grinding into my hip.

So, we spend our time at the pool instead,

Semi-weightlessness is great for the back.

Getting back onto the plane for the trip home--not so much.

And now I'm back at work.

Bad back and all.

Going to the doctors at three. We'll see what he can do.

I'll post pictures later.

Yeharr

4 Comments:

Blogger mal said...

Bad news....I think we are getting older...OUCH!!!

5:50 PM  
Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

My back goes out more than I do these days.

Yeharr

6:09 PM  
Blogger Colleen said...

never Never NEVER turn your back on the ocean papi

poor thing. heating pad and beer. that's the ticket

9:57 PM  
Blogger Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

I feel your pain.

5:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home