Friday, May 12, 2006

About to go dark.

I'm going to disconnect my computer now. When next I blog, it will be from my new digs.

This move has made me very uncomfortable.

I've moved before, but this one's really disturbing me.

I finally realized that it's because the last few moves have always been as a couple.

I'm leaving the last place I lived with my wife. The next place will be MY place.

Mine and my kids.

That's a little bit sad, and a little bit scary for me.

OK. Enough of that.

Before I sign off, a few onomatapoetic words to describe the packing/moving process:

GRRRRRRRR!
Arrrrrgh!
Hngh nng hnnnnnnngh!
Flagglespragnefessster!
Blech! Ptui! Ptui!


See you on the other side.

Yeharr

8 Comments:

Blogger Heidi the Hick said...

grieve for the what's gone, embrace what's next.

Or something.

Good luck!!!!

4:20 PM  
Blogger Dear Lovey Heart said...

hahhahahhahhahhahahahhahahha beautiful just beautiful

6:27 PM  
Blogger Notsocranky Yankee said...

I think that would be very exciting to have YOUR place. It will be fun to get your kids involved -- they're at that age where they will be a big help!

Think of it as closure...and a great new beginning!

Good luck. Remember to bend at the knees!

7:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Don't hose up your back moving..your no spring chicken ya know :P

See ya when we see ya,take care.

9:48 PM  
Blogger Guy Wonders said...

Ptui! Now there is an exclamation that's used far too infrequently. . . very appropriate for parts of the moving experience, too.

10:24 AM  
Blogger mal said...

Travel safe *S*

11:47 PM  
Blogger Colleen said...

dude
this is the blank slate you've needed

you are moving into a new place, a blank slate, new memories, good memories, everything that you do from here will work to fix the bad memories and bad slate you had before. i went through the same thing when i moved to my new place in miami in 2001. it was scary at first, but starting a new life, one that will allow you to do what you want, be who you want, and provide a better environment for those you love (in my case a dog), is a great opportunity to fix the soul.

good luck papi

11:15 AM  
Blogger elaine said...

a good friend of mine just cut off about a foot of hair...when she realised that some of it had been married, had an affair with her (ex)best friend and been with her when she was 26kg heavier.

She stopped at about the point where she moved to Australia and trekked around in a kombi.

One doesn't need to carry that baggage around.

3:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home