Friday, October 13, 2006

Vehicle Update

My van didn't actually make it into the shop 'til Thursday, but at least it made it there.

I took it in because of the series of car accidents that have been circling my life for the past three weeks, which you can read about here, and here. After I posted, I remembered a third accident that affected me: Last Thursday I was to meet one of my clients at a location on one of the busiest roads in Smugtown. I got there a few minutes early and began setting up my equipment. Suddenly the road was empty. I could have gone out and played solitaire on it. That was because there was an accident about a quarter-mile down the road. My client was on the other side of it, and it took an hour for her to get to me.

I'm pleased to say that the van's fine. They did some minor maintenence on the rear brakes, and the front ones will need replacing soon, but there's nothing wrong with it.

I dropped it off in the morning, and one of my coworkers was going to pick me up to take me to work Thursday. He was about fifteen minutes late getting to me. He got stuck behind an accident.

Yeharr

6 Comments:

Blogger Colleen said...

bad things come in 3s. you should be done with the accidents now.

1:18 PM  
Blogger Heidi the Hick said...

Who the heck is running the driving schools in Smugtown?????

2:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yikes, what's with all the accidents around you??

1:41 AM  
Blogger Madame X said...

Hmmmm ever see Unbreakable?

1:56 PM  
Blogger Åsa said...

You are so lucky not to BE in all those accidents! Time to buy a lottery ticket…
Or go for something you thought was beyond reach.
I think the Gods are telling you something.

4:20 PM  
Blogger mal said...

just stay safe *S*

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home