Saturday, November 04, 2006

Tagged

...sort of, by my Queen:

1. Explain what ended your last relationship? While my ex-wife was in rehab for drug and alcohol abuse, she decided she didn't want to be married to me anymore.

2. When was the last time you shaved? Thursday

3. What were you doing this morning at 8 a.m.? Eating breakfast (Cheerios,* skim milk, 1/2 c. raisins, and some fake sugar)

4. What were you doing 15 minutes ago? Kissing my kids goodnight.

5. Are you any good at math? Are you kidding? Look over there on the right...I PASSED 8th GRADE MATH! Boo-yah!

6. Your prom night? What about it? I was so inexperienced and so scared of girls, and so positive that I was a lousy kisser that I hugged my date goodnight. Leave me alone.

7. Do you have any famous ancestors? My great-grandfather was a goldsmith of high regard in the Pittsburgh area. One of his sons (my grandfather's brother) was one of the first stuntmen in Hollywood. He was killed in a motorcycle accident. He lost control of the bike and fell off of it. Since he was a stuntman, he knew that the trick to suriviving such an incident was to roll away from the bike. Unfortunately, he rolled underneath an oncoming car.

8. Have you had to take a loan out for school? A relatively small one.

9. Do you know the words to the song on your myspace profile? Terry wrote: People my age aren't allowed on MySpace. Or shouldn't be. I agree.

10. Last thing received in the mail? A cable bill and a mailer from a candidate for whom I have no intention to vote.

11. How many different beverages have you had today? Four: decaf, apple cider, diet Pepsi and water.

12. Do you ever leave messages on people’s answering machines? Yes. And furthermore, they are messages with information in them. Not any of these 'Hello? Anyone there? Pick up the phone! Hello!' messages. God, I hate those.

13. Who did you lose your CONCERT virginity to? Foghat,** and Peter Frampton.*** The opening act was the guy who sang Dreamweaver. I was never a big fan of Foghat, Frampton, or the guy who sang Dreamweaver. This was merely the first concert that my parents let me go to.

14. Do you draw your name in the sand when you go to the beach? Wait, lemme go look. Nope, not there.

15. What was the most painful dental procedure you have had? Root canal, and plenty of them.

16. What is out your back door? A pear tree. Last I checked, no partridges, though.

17. Any plans for Friday night? Too bad I didn't see this meme on Thursday. I could have written about the party (yes, a real, live, grownups party with beer and stuff!) where my friend Dave and I had a race to see who could drop the most social filters. Next Friday's plans involve working a hockey game.

18. Do you like what the ocean does to your hair? Are you kidding? Ocean hasn't been my hairdressser for years. Not since he wanted me to have frosted tips.

19. Have you ever received one of those big tins of 3 different popcorns? Yep. I think there's still half a bag of the 'butter' flavored stuff around here somewheres.

20. Have you ever been to a planetarium? Last time was April. We're due for a trip there next month.

21. Do you re-use towels after you shower? I've just taken a shower. Therefore, I'm clean. I use a clean towel to remove clean water from my body. How does that make my towel dirty? Hell, yes I re-use, and will continue to do so until you decide to get up off your ass and do my laundry for me.

22. Some things you are excited about? The upcoming college basketball season. I've got to believe my Tar Heels will be a force this year. Getting my brakes fixed on Friday.

23. What is your favorite flavor of JELLO? Anthrax.

24. Describe your keychain(s)? My in-pocket keychain has my van key, my house key, a fob that lets me into the office, a USAF medallion given to me by Lt. Trouble, and three 'club' tags (Borders, Discovery, and my local supermarket). My office keys are on a 'balloonpirate' keychain that was given to me by Notsocranky, and my spare house/car keys are on the 'yeharr' keychain that Notso gave me (and which I love).

26. Where do you keep your change? I dislike having a lot of stuff in my pockets--hence, the streamlined keychain. I keep change in my pocket only until I get home, then I put it in a change-sorter--you know, one of those contraptions that has four tubes, for pennies, nickels, dimes, and quarters. Seriously--if I have change in my pocket when I get home, I almost immediately get rid of it into the change sorter.

27. What kind of winter coat do you own? It's really just a heavy raincoat. I wear it from mid-October (unless it's warm enough to go without it) until mid-May. If it get's really cold, I put on layers. I'm all about the layers.

28. What was the weather like on your graduation day? I graduated in 1977 and 1981. My lack of weather-related memories from those days tells me that both events were probably best characterized as 'seasonal', i.e., the sort of weather you'd expect from late June (high school) and mid-May (college).

29. Do you sleep with the door to your room open or closed? Closed. Despite the best, desparate measures of chrono-cat.

30. Did you read this far? Consider yourself tagged! D'oh!

Yeharr
*usually the generic store brand, but sometimes I splurge and buy the big 'G' original.
** Who had just released 'Fool for the City'
***I was told that some of 'Frampton Comes Alive!' was recorded at this particular concert, but since I never bought the album, I don't know for sure.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

amen, on the towel issue...

as for frampton, you lucky duck. you saw him in his heyday! (the dreamweaver guy, btw, is gary weaver. why do i know this? because i am a dork.)

12:36 PM  
Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

No, my queen, it is Gary WRIGHT. I knew it, too, but let's be honest--all he'll every be, really, is the
Dreamweaver guy.

"My Love Is Alive" doesn't count.

That sound you just heard is me outdorking you.

Yeharr

10:40 PM  
Blogger Åsa said...

Balloon Pirate! You are so funny! Well actually it’s not funny, but you being so brutally honest about what “ended your last relationship” made me laugh. I mean: you could probably have said something else if you wanted to. You’re the best!

I hope you concurred your fear of kissing by now, so I don’t have to make a comment about that?...

A lot of the questions are only for the US of A if you ask me. Like the towel question. Are there really people out there who throw towels in the wash after ONE use?! I’m amazed.

7:59 AM  
Blogger mal said...

mmmmmmm....sorry, I do not consider myself "TAGGED" *L*

5:56 PM  
Blogger cadbury_vw said...

my ex-wife was a one use one towel person

actually she used three towels per bath...

8:46 PM  
Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

Åsa: If you have any questions about my kissing abilities, I invite you to stop by for a demonstration. And as for your towel question, refer to Cabury's comment, below.

mal: ok.

Cad: yours did that too, eh? actully, mine only used three, but she would slather half a jar of Vaseline onto her skin before she dried off. Our towels all weighed six pounds.

10:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

omigod. did i really say gary weaver??

i knew it was gary wright!

jayzus.

i blame the election. i'm way distracted.

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home