Friday, December 07, 2007

Not Dead Yet


For the one or two of you who care--I'm fine, just busy. Christmas shopping, my jobs, and my online paying gig have taken what little free time I have away from my kids, so I'm not around much anymore. But I've gotten tired of the last post, but no real time to drone on about the present, so I'm just going to give you my most favorite line from one of my most favorite really bad movies:

Superintendent Brown: "There's a huge monster gorilla that's constantly growing to outlandish proportions loose in the streets!"

Yay! Yay for incredibly bad expository dialogue!

It's not just a gorilla--not even a huge gorilla--it's a huge monster gorilla! Better yet--even though it's already huge (as we have previously established), it's still growing! And how is it growing? Constantly! And it's proportions? Ever more (and more) outlandish, apparently. That it's loose in the streets is just gravy, in my opinon.

And the fact that this line was spoken by Jack Watson makes it even better. What--you don't know Jack Watson? Okay-ever see a WWII movie where there was a British Drill Sergeant? That was Jack Watson. Either him, or someone who was imitating him. Most of the lines he said WERE SPOKEN AT THE TOP OF HIS VOICE! He played Drill Sergeants because that's what he was during the war. I wish I could have been there when this guy was given his script, and saw the line he had to spew.

And an even more trivial bit of trivia: Jack Watson's father was also in show business: the legendary Nosmo King, who got his stage name from a sign that was cut in half and put on a swinging door at a nightclub.

Well, that's all for now kids. Stay in school!

yeharr

4 Comments:

Blogger Nölff said...

welcome back Dr. Decker

4:10 PM  
Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

The pussycat had it coming.

yeharr

6:04 PM  
Blogger Heidi the Hick said...

Nosmo King is my favourite, um, showbiz type dude.

11:13 AM  
Blogger United We Lay said...

I see you and I are suffering from the same problem - too much to do, too few hours in the day. Hope all is well.

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home