Thursday, November 01, 2007

So many things

I've been a bad blog buddy.

My postings list has a half-dozen drafts of posts unfinished...
about halloween...

about a fascinating conversation I had with my kids on the history of language and how I think we're on the verge of the next great shift in recorded language...

about a terrific lunch I had with Cadbury and Smitten...

a tale of how I'm so very grateful to have a flat tire at 8:45am on a Saturday morning...

and even a short story.

But I'm unable to find the time to finish them. By the time I get all the stuff I need done in the day, it's bedtime. Hopefully, I'll be able to finish up one or more of them in the near future. Until then, here's a picture of my spooky house. The little skeleton guy is sound-activated. He'll wave his arms back and forth and say stuff like 'Boo! Did I scare you?" In a very child-like voice. Everybody loves Boo, and lots of the older kids like to lean over him and shout to watch him do his thing.

Hidden behind the indian corn on the post is another sound-activated device--a big black hairy spider that drops down on a string. It's nowhere near as sensitive to sound as Boo, so you need to be very near it for it to activate. As it so happens, you have to be at just about the height you would be if you were shouting at Boo to make it drop...

yeharr

8 Comments:

Blogger cadbury_vw said...

"As it so happens, you have to be at just about the height you would be if you were shouting at Boo to make it drop..."

HAH!

----

more later - conflict nearing end

----

it was really good to meet you. we enjoyed it very much.

12:40 PM  
Blogger ell said...

glad you're ok. was wondering where you were.

3:03 PM  
Blogger Notsocranky Yankee said...

I haven't been blogging much either. I don't see it as being a BAD blogger buddy, as much as being a BUSY blogger buddy.

Love the Halloween decorations!

7:04 AM  
Blogger Dee said...

I love it
looking fwd to the flat tire story

12:52 PM  
Blogger terry said...

must be the time of year or something. seems like everyone's overwhelmed!

hope you're well.

1:44 AM  
Blogger Heidi the Hick said...

our front yard is still surrounded by CAUTION tape and has a couple of plastic skeletons scattered around. Every year at this time I consider just leaving it like that all winter...

12:44 AM  
Blogger United We Lay said...

Life gets away from us sometimes. I've been having the same problem. I hope you're having fun being busy, and if not, I hope you find some time for yourself soon.

7:56 AM  
Blogger Dee said...

whurr u at?

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home