Friday, September 28, 2007

Wow

I have always considered myself a moderate/progressive, and tried to keep an open mind about all candidates. Which means that I should examine each candidate's views on the issues, regardless of their political alliance. The recent crop of GOP candidates, all running on the 'Less Taxes/More Fear' platform, has made it quite easy to dismiss them as potential recipients of my vote.

This guy isn't running for President. Too bad, because he would at least be worthy of my consideration.



I don't know anything about any of his other policies, so I can't say for sure that I would vote for him, but I admire his honesty.

Like I said, too bad he's not running for President. Because he ain't gonna be Mayor much longer.

yeharr

6 Comments:

Blogger terry said...

thanks for linking this. i keep reading about it, and this is the first time i've seen the clip.

as i'm sure you know, san diego is very conservative -- in california, second only to orange county -- which is why i fled as soon as i possibly could. this is extraordinary.

WOW, indeed.

1:59 AM  
Blogger Dee said...

the word for today is:
awesome!

9:55 PM  
Blogger Heidi the Hick said...

Okay. I don't know much about politics. AT all.

But you know what I say.

Less hatred more hay!!!!!!!!!!!!

First person running with that slogan gets my vote. No matter what country.

Sorry, I'lll now leave room for serious comments...

10:12 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

May we all find the courage to make the right decisions when it is neither popular nor easy.

I would love to use this clip in a public speaking class.

10:39 PM  
Blogger Heidi the Hick said...

I just finally sat down and watched it. Very moving! I think the world would be a better place if more people were that thoughtful and honest.

11:32 AM  
Blogger cadbury_vw said...

"i couldn't look them in the eye"

that is a criteria more people need to apply to their policies

then again - i know a lot of politicians that can look you in the eye and do something they don't believe in

which is sad

they should at least have the courage to be able to say why they are doing something they don't really believe - why they made the trade-offs they did/have

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home