Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Financial Times

Some interesting tidbits from the pocketbook of my life...

1) I'm about to be a paid writer. I just got a call from a buddy of mine who used to run a Christmas-based website. I would write a daily story chronicling the happenings at the North Pole. A few years ago the site went dark, at around the same time my marraige was doing the same. Well, he's bringing the site back up, but this time with financial backing, and how much would it cost them to have me write for them again? I named my price, he said yes, and if all goes well, I'll be getting a check that would be a decent downpayment for a good used car out of this.

2) It looks like I'll be emerging from bankruptcy more than a month ahead of schedule. According to my most recent quarterly statement, I had less than $1,000 left outstanding on my debts. I had made two additional payments of $249 since that statement had been printed out. I make one more on Thursday. My last payment should be November 29.

I've been scraping by for a very long time. Now, I'm about to get a little breathing room. I'm not sure what I'm going to do, but I do know that I'm not going to ever get myself into this situation again.

It might be a very merry holiday season, indeed.


yeharr

6 Comments:

Blogger All About Eve said...

yay! good news and mazeltof!

9:35 PM  
Blogger terry said...

fantastic! you won't believe how good it will feel to have that breathing room.

you deserve it.

11:41 PM  
Blogger Heidi the Hick said...

Paid writer!!!

Climbing out of financial hole!!!

YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

10:17 AM  
Blogger ell said...

congrats on the writing gig. seems like things are looking up for you.

excellent!

8:54 PM  
Blogger Dee said...

Wow! If that's not good news. . .
I'm very pleased to be hearing this.

11:26 AM  
Blogger Guy Wonders said...

The light at the end of the tunnel continues to grow. Well done!

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home