Friday, August 11, 2006

And the Winner Is...

My ex-wife.* Sorry.

But she came up with the best name. Not necessarily the most creative name, or even the most original rasslin' name, but the best name for Ronald as a rassler.

After all, she's known him a lot longer than you guys have.

So as he steps into the ring, he will be introduced as:

GOLDENRON!

You guys came up with some great ideas.

The top five:

  1. Ronaldo Power, by Guy Wonders
  2. Ron Havoc, Weeone
  3. Ron-cho Libre, Heidi the Hick
  4. Rorschach Ronald, Madame X
  5. The Golden Nipple, me (hey, I gotta be honest)
  • (dis)Honourable mention: The Gay Haircut, Daniel
Thanks to all of you.

Yeharr

*Or more correctly, my soon-to-be-ex-wife. Hence, the acronym STBEW.

9 Comments:

Blogger Madame X said...

Damn...that is a good one!

Though he may have to worry about his arch nemesis Clare E. Ton

9:13 AM  
Blogger Heidi the Hick said...

I am honoured to be your #3.

9:20 AM  
Blogger Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

YAY! I got a (dis) honourable mention!

2:18 PM  
Blogger Clint said...

Is this a play on the color "Goldenrod"?

If so, I doubt many rasslin' fans will understand what it means.

5:32 PM  
Blogger United We Lay said...

Blog is up and running. Thanks for letting me know that it wasn't just me!

6:44 PM  
Blogger terry said...

okay, yeah, goldenron really is a good one..

perhaps she was inspired by that hickey.

11:06 PM  
Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

X: Good thing he has his tag-team partner, Hista Mean

Heidi: You're number one in my book, no matter where you were on my list.

Daniel: When I read yours, I laughed loud enough to startle the folks around me. It's a great name, but it's not a rasslin' name--it's a supervillain name.

Yes, clint, it is. Around here, everyone knows what Goldenrod is.

UWL: glad to help.

Terry: eww. stop reminding me.

Yeharr

11:54 PM  
Blogger Guy Wonders said...

I could have been a contender.

10:45 AM  
Blogger Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

I'm just happy to get a mention and to make you laugh.

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home