Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Conundrum

Her name is Taylor.

She's a photo archivist, working on her Master's Degree.

She has her own business.

She's come to my town from LA via Toronto.

And she likes me.

We've seen each other several times at different functions the last year or so. We chatted afterwards a few times. I gave her my opinions on a few business-related issues of which I had some knowledge.

We emailed. We phone-tagged. We got together. We ate. We drank.

We kissed.

We kissed a few more times.

And then we said goodnight. No, really.

And now I feel like I'm in no-man's land. What do I do now? I don't want to be a moon-eyed stalker. I don't want to ignore her. I also don't want to appear to promise anything I can't deliver...I have two kids and three jobs. Right now, they all take precedent to any potential relationship I might have.

All this time I go around thinking I want to have some sort of relationship, and a potential one drops in my lap, and I'll be damned if I know what to do with it.

And to finish up tonight on a lighter note, I will post the lyrics of the song my son just made up. He and his sister have been singing all night long.
(sung to the tune of Queen's 'We Are the Champions')

I like bananas, my friend
And I'll keep on eating 'til the end
I like bananas
I like bananas
You have to peel them
But I like bananas.....
With no bones!

God, I love my kids.

Yeharr

9 Comments:

Blogger Heidi the Hick said...

Okay, if you want my advice, me who has been kissing the same dude for 19 years, here goes:

You like her. Tell her! maybe even tell her what you just told us. But please, TELL HER THAT YOU LIKE HER.

If she likes you back, then you've got time to do things that people like each other do. Like, walk, talk, see movies.

Just be careful with the introduction of the kids. but I'm sure you know that!

Also, I love your kids too, they are awesome! Would they mind if I shared their lyrics with my kids? They do the same thing but haven't come up with that!!! I'd make sure they know it's the Young Pirate Kids' song!

11:15 PM  
Blogger mal said...

NO BRAINER,,,call her. If it works, it works, if not, nothing lost.

I guarantee if you do not give it a chance it can never work.



Guys accuse us of being complicated? sheeesh *L*

11:21 PM  
Blogger Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

Romance in the stone!

7:05 AM  
Blogger Dark Lady said...

First decide what you REALLY want from her and be honest.

Then go from there.

9:48 AM  
Blogger Madame X said...

I prefer the boneless bananas too!

9:58 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Moon-eyed isn't all bad.

11:27 AM  
Blogger Notsocranky Yankee said...

Definitely call her. Don't overthink it! Keep it casual and things will progress naturally if it's meant to be. I say again, don't overthink it!

(It would also help to find a way to fit her into your schedule. If you are always too busy, she might take that the wrong way.)

1:20 PM  
Blogger Timmy said...

your kids sound amazing!

I cant stop singing that damned song!

3:37 PM  
Blogger Cranky Yankee said...

Play it cool brother. You have it made now. Keep it that way. Definitely do not tell her you like her!

If she wants to hang out let her. No promises, no commitments, no expectations. After a while nature will take its course.

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home