Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Poster Boy

Senator Ted Stevens* was right. The internet is not a truck.

If it was, I wouldn't be able to go to Australia.

Yup. The internet is a series of tubes, and one of my internets goes all the way Down Under, and pops up at the blog of a young woman named Rowena. I have no idea how I came upon her blog, but when I did, I read a wonderful post about sex and sexuality. As I was reading it, I thought, 'this is something that someday, my daughter will need to know.'

Because, although it scares me a bit, I am aware that someone, sometime, will look at my daughter, and think the 2012-ish equivilent to 'hot diggity!'

So, I've got it saved, and when the time comes, I'll have a reference to work from.

Because my daughter could do much worse than grow up to be like Rowena.
Who is the editor of an Australian magazine called Poster, which is
"an Australian based and produced publication, at the forefront of urban progressive life, presenting a collaboration of Australia`s most innovative leaders in, photography, writing and design. It is designed to be the choice for the discerning, sophisticated audience."**

And I'm in it.

Yup, the ol' Balloon Pirate is doing his best to shape Australia's discerning, sophisticated, progressive urban reader.

And I'm doing it in unfashionable socks.

Wait 'til my sister-in-law hears about this.

Okay, okay, all it is is just a quote or two from me about blogging. But still, how many of them will know that I wrote it while wearing 'Jeffs?'

Thanks, Ro. Ya make me feel good.

Yeharr

*Senator from Alaska, the longest-serving Republican in the US Senate, and, in matters regarding the internet, about as savvy as your Crazy Uncle Larry. Unfortunately, in his position as Chairman of the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation, he has considerable influence in the debate on net neutrality.

**click the link, fool.

5 Comments:

Blogger Heidi the Hick said...

Yay! Some recognish for the Pirate!

I was just at her blog the other day. Very cool.

And I still say, go on rockin the black sneakers with the white racing stripes. That should instantlly offset any white socks goofiness.

8:24 AM  
Blogger mal said...

whole bunches of scary people in DC right now.....be afraid.

11:51 AM  
Blogger Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

Wicked, glad to see you slipped the 'Jeffs' in there.

1:27 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Hot diggity! So where's the link to that fabulous post?

7:34 PM  
Blogger Rowena said...

Aw, I'm excited that you're so excited about it BP!

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home