Monday, November 20, 2006

Worst. Commercial. Ever.

I saw this spot yesterday, while watching football with Puddle:



What, exactly, is the message here? That you can survive and extinction-level event if you drive a Hummer? Those hunks of tin can't even survive IED's in Iraq, even when they're up-armored.

Notice how he's driving a hybrid car?

Here's the message I got: We're destroying the earth anyhow, so what does it matter? Make sure you get yours, suckers!

Is this what our society's come to?

Are we this shallow and self-absorbed?

When the revolution comes, I hope the first one's against the wall are the assholes who came up with this idea.

I'm not saying. I'm just saying.


Yeharr

6 Comments:

Blogger Dee said...

I saw an ad in a magazine:
your neck is no place for wrinkles
and then there was some suggestion that it was meant for diamond necklaces and then there was some medication/surgery for wrinkles
unbelievable

3:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think they're saying that when push come to shove even lily-livered lefties will turn into rocket propelled grenade toting he-men capable of surviving the apocalypse

----

as a lily-livered lefty i can think of a large number of alternative vehicles i would choose facing the end of the world as we know it

in fact all my gun-totin' lefty friends and i would survive quite well in our survival commune...

and we wouldn't have hummers
(maintenance... Christ would be needed to save you)

there's a reason guerilla armies the world over use AK47s and not M16s

9:50 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

The more Hummer commercials I see, the more I loathe them.

12:57 AM  
Blogger Madame X said...

Hummers...just another way to say MY PENIS REALLY IS THAT SMALL!

9:01 AM  
Blogger Heidi the Hick said...

I drive a GMC and I think Hummers are stoopid.

I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin....

10:28 AM  
Blogger Cranky Yankee said...

I was in the military when the HMMV was chosen to replace the venerable Jeep. Their only saving grace was that they were nearly impossible to flip. Not that we didn't try... There are some very good reason that the old gun-jeeps in Special Ops were replaced by modified Land Rover Defender 110s and not by the HMMV, dependability, performance in adverse terrain and fuel economy. Those are the same reasons why it would not make a good vehicle to have in an Armageddon type survival situation.

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home