Friday, December 01, 2006

All I Want for Christmas is...

A Darth Vader Snowglobe!

Isn't it adorable? There's the Dark Lord of the Sith playfully kneeling in the snow, quite possibly on the planet Hoth, happily making a li'l Death Star snowfort! Isn't it to die for?

I'm sure the folks on Alderaan think so...that is, they would, if they weren't a bunch of superheated atoms.

This is how much of a geek I am: My first thought when seeing this was, I kid you not:
Why is Vader kneeling in the snow to make this? He's so strong in the Force, he can simply command the snowflakes to assemble themselves into a Death Star!

My second thought* was that this was the second-worst Star Wars tie-in since the Anakin Skywalker children's book.

Children's book. Featuring the proto-Vader.

I remember thinking What next? What other evil character can we make a kids book out of? I know--"Young Hannibal Lecter Feeds His Puppy!"**

Yeah, sometimes I miss standup.

Yeharr

*after slapping myself for having the first thought

**to the neighbors.

7 Comments:

Blogger ell said...

LOL!. maybe you should go back to standup....

7:35 AM  
Blogger Heidi the Hick said...

I'm not even a Star Wars geek and I think this is one of the best things I've seen here.

(You should tell my friend Biddie about this- she has a Yoda lamp!)

9:09 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Will wonders never cease.

6:45 PM  
Blogger Colleen said...

but do you have the pez dispensers?

9:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brilliant, that is shockingly bad.

Never forget, geek is good.

7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

some marketing types just don't have a clue....

9:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Luke... look at my snowfort"

----

too funny

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home