Wednesday, January 31, 2007

All Around the World...

My previous post brought a few suspected Mac heads out into the light. I must admit that even though I use both, I don't really have a preference. If someone wanted to buy me a PC, I'd let them.

I'd probably get enough selling it on Ebay to get a decent Mac.

However, even if you are a PC guy, you have to admire the cleverness of the Mac ads--how they capture the essence of the laid-back, hip sensibility of the Mac user, versus the uptight, stodginess of the PC, while simultaneously pointing out the hazards of running the worlds most popular OS:



Such an American distinction, isn't it? It's too bad this wouldn't play well in the rest of the world.



Errrm...
Well. I guess it's just a western cultural phenomenon. Something like this wouldn't play well over in the homogenous Oriental markets...



Aww hell.

Screw it. I'm going to bed. I feel a cold coming on...

yeharr

6 Comments:

Blogger terry said...

did you really say "oriental?"

and are these other ads real, or spoofs?

it's hard to beat john hodgman and justin long, i gotta say.


take some airborne, pirate! or have your computer take some...

12:28 AM  
Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

umm..no. I said 'ornamental.'

Yeah! That's the ticket!

And yes they are real. Go to the getamac/jp or /uk sites to see for yourself.

and were you just waiting for me to post? sheesh.

yeharr

12:33 AM  
Blogger Åsa said...

Balloon Pirate! I had to send this to the President of my company. He used to work for Apple and talk about their superiority aaaahll the time! Hope he doesn’t mind me reading blogs at work…

2:57 AM  
Blogger Heidi the Hick said...

oh that was killer. It just kept getting better!!!

11:03 AM  
Blogger Timmy said...

I wanna Mac, DAMMIT.

12:36 PM  
Blogger terry said...

yes. i was sitting here with bated breath, waiting for you to post.

just so i could say... "FIRST!"

except i forgot to say that.

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home