Sunday, December 16, 2007

For the Chic Hick

Because she asked so nicely, may I once again present to you our collection of plush toys from the annual classic, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. You can see Rudy all the way over to the right, next to coach Comet ("Think of me as your pal. Right? Right!"). Next is the Grape Jelly Squirt Gun (wish I had one of those when I make the kids' sandwiches). Behind him is the Chief Elf (ever notice how is voice changed when he led the elf chorus in 'We are Santa's Elves?' We believe it's because his tights were riding up. ), The Square-Wheeled Choo-Choo, The Abominable Snowman ("Bumbles Bounce!"). King Moonracer, Charlie-in-a-box, The Weather Elf, Yukon Cornelius, Yukon Cornelius, and Sam the Snowman, who, may I add did not have a bout of incontinence; rather, it's the spot where my EW spilled her coffee on him several years ago. Not pictured is the Ostrich-riding Cowboy, and...

Great bouncing icebergs! Two Yukon Corneliuses??*

Yep. Seems that way. Seems one of them slipped on the Netflix Envelope, ** but he's okay now.

Actually, there were two versions sold at CVS on two different years, and we happened to get them both.

There, Heidi. Happy now?

Oh, also not appearing in this picture, although they're now on display are Hermie ("Now you come to elf practice, learn how to wiggle your ears and chuckle warmly and go hee-hee and ho-ho and important stuff like that!"), Clarice, and the Doll from the Island of Misfit Toys.

We have thought long and hard about that doll, and why it was on the island. As far as we could tell, it seemed normal. The only thing we could come up with is that she has a penis.

What? You have a better idea?

yeharr

*Cornelii?
**Monty Python's Flying Circus, Disc 4

6 Comments:

Blogger Dee said...

there I was thinking there might have been a reference to the content of the Flying Circus but really, it was just the envelope then?

11:11 AM  
Blogger Heidi the Hick said...

I am very happy now. Thanks!

4:03 PM  
Blogger Åsa said...

Merry Christmas Balloon Pirate! You inspiring, funny, fantastic person you!

Lots of love from far away (I wish I was close enough to come by and give you a big hug)

7:48 AM  
Blogger ell said...

i have often wondered what clarice was doing on the island of misfit toys myself.

things that make you go "hmmmm........"

10:22 PM  
Blogger Rowena said...

Dear BP, my long time blogging pal.

I hope you and your family have a safe and happy Christmas.

Rowena x

12:55 AM  
Blogger United We Lay said...

I hope you had a nice Christmas and have a Happy New Year!

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home