Thursday, August 31, 2006

Ketchup

Updating on some of the stuff discussed on this here blog the past few weeks:

_________

My nephew Ronald made his wrestling debut this past weekend, as GOLDENRON. He applied a fair amount of bronzer with gold glitters on his face and arms, wore a yellow beater T-shirt with one of STBEW's gold lame blouses over it, and a pair of his brother's USMC desert camo pants. He then spiked his hair, and wore gold wraparound sunglasses. All of this to get tossed out of the ring in about 35 seconds. We all gotta start somewhere.

_________

The songs of the week list:

Sunday

Sunday Bloody Sunday - U2
Sundays Will Never be the Same - Spanky and Our Gang
Sunday Morning Break-up – Christian Walz
Sunday Morning – Maroon 5
Gloomy Sunday – Billie Holliday
Every Day is Like Sunday - Morrisey
Lazing on a Sunday Afternoon
– Queen
Sunday Morning – Velvet Underground
Superbowl Sunday - Ozomatli


Monday


Monday Monday - The Mamas and the Papas
I don’t Like Mondays – The Boomtown Rats
Manic Monday – The Bangles
Blue Monday – New Order
Blue Monday – Huey Lewis and the News
Blue Monday, Blue Day – Foreigner

Tuesday

Tuesday’s Gone With the Wind – Lynrd Skynrd
Ruby Tuesday – Rolling Stondes
Tuesday Afternoon – Moody Blues
Tuesday’s Heartbreak – Stevie Wonder
Tuesday’s Dead – Cat Stevens


Wednesday
Wednesday Morning, 3am – Simon & Garfunkle


Thursday

Thursday’s Child – David Bowie

Friday

Friday (I’m in Love) – the Cure
Friday Night – The Darkness
Friday On My Mind – The Easybeats


Saturday

Another Saturday Night – Cat Stevens
Saturday Night – Bay City Rollers
Mister Saturday Night Special – Lynrd Skynrd
The Heart of a Saturday Night – Tom Waits
Saturday Night – Earth Wind & Fire
Sudbury Saturday Night – Stompin’ Tom Connors


As far as I can tell, all of these songs are distinct, even if they have the same title. And I'm trusting some of you on these (Sudbury Saturday Night? Dick Clark never had us dance to that one) Thanks to everyone who contributed. I thought about adding attributions to the list like I did before, but it's just too much damn work. You know who you are, and if you want me to post about how wonderful you are, let me know. I think yinz are all pretty nifty.

Right now, I'm compiling two lists: Songs of the Months, and Songs Around the Clock (songs that have time in their titles). I can already hear your brain cells clicking. Watch this space.

_________


As for the Danza/Bonaduce talentless contest, Here's how the voting polled out:
  • Danny Bonaduce: Six Votes
  • Tony Danza: One vote
  • Abstain: One
  • Paris Hilton: Two votes, in a surprisingly strong write-in campaign.
Good thinking, and some well-thought-out arguments by all. In my opinion, however, the difference in actual talent level, likeability aside, is not as great as the difference in their positions in the Hollywood pecking order. Danza has done more with less than Bonaduce. It is so written.

_________

And, as I predicted yesterday, it begins:






Yeharr

5 Comments:

Blogger Notsocranky Yankee said...

Karr played the media like a fiddle. What a creep.

Does Goldenron get to stay in the ring longer each time? Did he get flung out with style?

2:36 PM  
Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

The thing is, the media doesn't care. This just gives it another angle on the whole unsavory thing.

I didn't go to the match, so I have no empirical evidence. I was offered the 'discount' price of eleven bucks. I couldn't go without taking my kids (especially my son, who's big into wrestilng right now), so it would have cost me thirty-three dollars to sit through an evening's worth of crap to see him make his entrance/departure.

However, I was told he flew out with aplomb, and even managed a shoulder roll. I'm assuming he'll get a bigger part next time.

Yeharr

6:13 PM  
Blogger Colleen said...

that DA so lost her job
what a shame
really and truly

6:48 PM  
Blogger Guy Wonders said...

Well done, Goldenron. If one is going to be thrown from a ring (or anywhere else, for that matter) doing it with aplomb is probably the best one can hope for. . . .

8:18 PM  
Blogger Madame X said...

Scroll, MX, SCROLL!!

Goldenron, I think that no matter how good wrestler...he's gonna get his ass kicked somehow...BTW Cap'n Lou and I?...likethis!!!

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home