Thursday, August 31, 2006

Threes

I was tagged by one of my favorite people, Rowena. How could a refuse such a lovely person? Besides, unlike so many, I like being tagged. It's a 'get-out-of-having-to-come-up-with-a-topic-free' card.

The three meme

1. Three things that scare me:
  • Failure
  • Success
  • My children getting serious illnesses or injuries

2. Three people that make me laugh
  • Jon Stewart
  • Steve Martin
  • Colin Mochrie


3. Three things I hate the most
  • Lima Beans
  • Being interrupted
  • People who think politics is a game to be won


4. Three things I don't understand
  • Bigotry
  • Personal Finance
  • Elvis Impersonators


5. Three things I'm doing right now
  • Blogging
  • Brushing my teeth
  • Scratching*


6. Three things I want to do before I die
  • Teach my grandchildren the fine art of the spit-take
  • Sail on Sydney Harbor
  • Make a crowd of thousands laugh and cheer

7. Three things I can do
  • Stack a deck of cards
  • Cook
  • Spit takes

8. Three ways to describe my personality
  • Thoughtful
  • Wacky
  • Loving


9. Three things I can't do
  • Dance
  • Hold grudges
  • Give Birth


10. Three things I think you should listen to

11. Three things you should never listen to
  • Pre-packaged pop
  • Loverboy's Greatest Hits
  • Anyone who sees the world in black and white.

12. Three things I'd like to learn
  • How to braid hair (for my daughter)
  • How to play the guitar
  • How to live debt-free

13. Three favourite foods
  • Breakfast: Spinach, bacon, onion & swiss cheese omelette, whole wheat toast.
  • Lunch: Turkey sub with lettuce, onion, provolone cheese and just a little bit of mayonnaise.
  • Dinner: Grilled chicken with a thin slice of ham and cheddar cheese on top, smothered in barbequeue sauce, corn on the cob, mashed potatoes, and a beer.

14. Three beverages I drink regularly
  • Decaffeinated Coffee
  • Lemonade
  • Diet Coke w/lime

15. Three shows I watched as a kid
  • Rockford Files
  • The Mary Tyler Moore Show
  • Love, American Style

16...Three people I'm tagging
  • Colleen
  • Heidi
  • Cadbury
  • Jennifer Aniston (I know that's four, but hey, it never hurts to ask, ya know?)
Yeharr

*Yes, down there. Well, it itches sometimes.

8 Comments:

Blogger Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

When the Bush regime keeps goofing off who needs memes to spur topics?

;-)

Jon Stewart is great.

8:21 AM  
Blogger Madame X said...

Success scares the crap out of me too!

Braiding is relatively easy and there is a KLUTZ book out there about it...look for it on Amazon.

Spit takes ROCK and I try to put one into everything I direct but I can seem to fit one into Three Tall Women...damn!

10:37 AM  
Blogger Heidi the Hick said...

Colin Mochrie...does he have an existence south of our border? Or are you an honorary Canadian?

I'm cool with that.

One tag, comin up!

12:55 PM  
Blogger terry said...

nice list.

what, is stephen colbert chopped liver???

8:47 PM  
Blogger Rowena said...

BP, I never knew there was an official term for spitting a beverage out of one's mouth when one is surprised. One learns something new every day.

And learning how to braid, for your daughter, will be much appreciated I'm sure. On the few occasions during my childhood when my mum wasn't there in the morning to plait (as we say here) my hair before I went to school, and it was left to my dad to do it, the result was an unmitigated disaster.

Being a person who likes order and perfection, having to wear shonky plaits to school fair ruined my day.

2:50 AM  
Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

dhg: if they were goofing off, it would be one thing. they're actively involved in destruction.

b-logger: 'everybody's working for the weekend' 'turn me loose' 'loving every minute of it' ...AND MANY MORE!

Just cuz I know them, doesn't mean I can stand them.

Thanks for the tip. Maybe I'll check them out.

X: You know you're a success as a director when you can successfully put a spit-take into a production of 'Coriolanus.'

Heidi: I'm cool with you.

terry: no, he's pate'. I could only pick three, and I prefer Stewart. Wanna step outside and settle this?

ro: in performances, a 'take' is any sort of physical reaction to an event. There's takes, double-takes, spit-takes, fumble-takes, stumble-takes...you get the idea.

shonky? cool. another word for my Aussie vocabulary. I'll bet that you looked scorchio in shonky plaits.

Yeharr

8:27 AM  
Blogger United We Lay said...

Jon Stewart is great! When I can't stand to watch the other news, he's a great source of relief. I love coffee, but I'm spoiled. My husband started bringing back coffee from Colombia a few years ago, and now it's the only stuff I can drink. We drive up to NY every couple of months to stock up.

9:49 AM  
Blogger mal said...

and all this time I thought it was the Terrible Twos!

insightful *S*

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home