Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Information Dump

Stuff about my life that might be of interest:

  • Youngest son gave up on the carrots. Actually, he broke his promise of 'nothing but carrots' when the corned beef came out. So he's still the traditional family color of ghost white.
  • Daughter is indeed precious and precocious. The artistic director of a local theater group has inquired if she might be interested in appearing in a play this season. The part was written for a 14-year-old, but she said it could be reworked for a younger girl.
  • Two weeks from today the kids and I will be in Las Vegas hanging with Lt. Trouble and his girlfriend. We'll be there until the 12th. I don't know how much blogging I'll be doing from Sin City. Just thought I'd tell you.
  • On the 12th, we will be the other traditional family color: lobster red. In a week, the red skin will peel off, and we'll be back to ghost white again.
  • Sometimes I should be better at telling people stuff. For instance, even though we made these plans two weeks ago, I only told STBEW about it today. To be honest, it didn't occur to me to tell her until yesterday, and so I figured it wouldn't matter if I waited one more day.
  • A very significant step towards making STBEW just plain old EW will occur in the next few days when she's served with a subpoena that will tell her I'm suing for full custody. We had a very amicable joint custody agreement that was written up more than a year ago. I tore it up.
  • Fecal matter will impact upon the air-moving appliance when she reads it.
  • I haven't been a very good blog-buddy these recent weeks. I apologize for not commenting more on your posts. I do read them fairly regularly, though. I just don't have the time to add anything right now.
  • I've been told I'm a steampunk. I'm not 100% sure I am, but I do know I want this keyboard:
  • You can read about how the dude made it here.
  • I don't know which I would like better: to have the time and the tools to make it myself, or to be wealthy enough to have someone make it for me.
  • Actually, I think I'd like both
  • yeharr

9 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

I want to take a shop class from that guy. I found myself saying, "Wow, that is so smart!" I think this is the creative yang to Colleen's scrapping yin.

11:36 PM  
Blogger Heidi the Hick said...

I am swooning at that keyboard. Seriously. I find myself wishing it was Mac compatible and then I remind myself that it's all laptop for me. HOWEVER I have one old 60s typewriter and I fully plan to have a much older one some day. Once I got the REAL TYPEWRITER I said, "good, now I am a writer" even though I've never written anything with it. Just take it out of the case and admire it now and then.

That was a good information dump. Your kids still freak me out. In a good way!

1:12 PM  
Blogger terry said...

it's a good thing the youngest gave up on the carrots. he'd have torn his intestines apart if he kept up with that.

your daughter's gonna be a star! and she won't be celery, either.

the subpoena: oh boy. that's going to be rough. i'm glad you have a little vacation planned, so you can truly get away from it all.

that keyboard is waaaay cool.

7:17 PM  
Blogger United We Lay said...

Good luck with the utody thing. You have a lot on your plate, so don't worry about not commenting. Anybody hwo'd be annoyed isn't a good friend. If there's anything you need, let me know. Plus, you know, have fun in Vegas!

9:12 PM  
Blogger Colleen said...

dude, that keyboard is badass

have fun in vegas...do something crazy and wild that no one will know about because i hear a rumor that whatever happens in vegas stays in vegas

10:13 AM  
Blogger Notsocranky Yankee said...

I'm surprised you told STBEW about the trip at all. Have you changed the locks on your house?

Have a blast in Vegas! It's perfect timing for the custody subpoena. Go Pirate!

1:11 PM  
Blogger Holy Visile said...

Personally, I enjoy reading this blog, albeit I rarely comment. I wish you all the best with everything that is going on in your life, and remember, the transformation of STBEW to EW will happen so keep pushing forward and being a great dad.
-The Holiest

11:16 PM  
Blogger Bare said...

I'm very envious about your trip! I've never been to Vegas before! I also know what it's like to look like a lobster when you come back from said types of trips. Last year, I had the brilliant idea that, "It's the end of September, I won't get burnt"-- I came home from Splash Country looking like Larry Lobster...

Anyway, here's to hoping things go ok, even though STBWE will no doubt be an ass about things once she's served.

Take care :0) *Hugs*

9:39 PM  
Blogger Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

That is a sweet keyboard man, retro-tastic.

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home