Sunday, March 11, 2007

Kittens

The kids are all excited. Mom's going to go get kittens!

Kittens?

Fuck.

The woman who last week was begging me to bring her toilet paper wants to take the kids to get kittens. The woman who is freeloading off of a guy who threw all her stuff in the trash one month ago is going to get kittens. The woman who stole my checkbook, and on four separate occasions forged my name on said checks in order to buy crack is going to get kittens. The woman who has no car, no job, no house, and (at least up to and including last Sunday) nothing with which to wipe her ass is going to get kittens.

And she wants to take my kids with her.

Kittens?

Fuck.

They thought she was going to take them this weekend to get the kittens. They kept asking me when they were going to go with her to get them. When were they going? I told them that I had no control over this--that she hadn't informed me as to when she wanted to do this.

And, of course, I didn't mention that if she had enough fucking money to buy fucking kittens, plus pay to get them spayed or neutered, plus buy the fucking kitten food and the fucking litter box and spend all the other fucking money that you need to spend on kittens to keep them alive, then why the fuck wasn't she paying me the fucking money she fucking stole from me?

I didn't mention that. I don't even know if I'd mention it to her. Why should I? She knows she stole from me. Lucky you, though--you get to read it.

However, if she does call and ask about taking them out there, I will tell her that, should she suddenly find herself unable to support the kittens, which by my reckoning should happen immediately, under no circumstances will they come into this house.

Kittens?

Does she think that getting kittens will somehow make her sane?

Kittens?

Does she think that getting kittens will somehow repair the damage she's doing?

Kittens?

Does she think?

Kittens?

Fuck.

yeharr

13 Comments:

Blogger terry said...

and the rollercoaster keeps going.

the worst part is that she's taking the kids for a ride, too.

fuck.

12:10 AM  
Blogger Bare said...

Bless your heart-- if that woman isn't off her rocker, I just don't know who is? Damn, some people. I'm just sorry you and your kids are the one's having to deal with it :0(

3:28 AM  
Blogger Notsocranky Yankee said...

I there any way you can explain to the kids that this is a bad idea? They need to know in advance that you won't take them into the house when STBEW can't take care of them. You know that she's planning to dump them on you and take the credit for getting them in the first place. Don't let yourself look like the bad guy after they have become attached to the kittens! Your kids are intelligent and would understand, even thought they would be disappointed.

Squash this idea now before it goes any further!

7:31 AM  
Blogger Dee said...

Yankee is right
They might as well see how bad an idea this is

10:17 AM  
Blogger Mississippi Songbird said...

First time to read your blog.
That must be tough, having to put up with that.
Hope things get better..

10:18 AM  
Blogger Heidi the Hick said...

I am slapping my forehead in frustration!!!!!!!

I have to agree with Yankee too.

Do the kids know how financially unstable she is? I think they'd get it if you splained to them that your own cats cost money to take care of? And that, y'know, you don't really want to have four or five cats in your house???

She's nuts.

I think you should try to put a stop to this now before it gets ugly. I think you should splain it all while holding your cats on your lap as they purr and demonstrate what a happy secure pet in a stable home looks like.

12:52 PM  
Blogger cadbury_vw said...

see further:

stbx_Mrs_C, daughter, and that damned puppy. the puppy was the thin edge of the wedge that stbx-Mrs_C drove in between daughter and me.

take from my experience that you need to bell this cat(s) immediately

do the kids know that she stole from you? do they know that she can't afford the cats? that she will end up abandoning the cats the way she abondoned them?

i won't tell you what to do because you are a very good dad, and you know your situation and nuances that i won't be aware of

but, with the knowledge that i do have, from what you've written, i would very seriously consider having a real heart-to-heart with your kids about the kittens

i would also tell your wife in know uncertain terms that if she can afford kittens she can afford to pay you back - otherwise you are allowing her to do it to you again - you are enabling her behaviour

i do the same thing with stbx-Mrs_C all the time. let her walk on me.

i suggested an appraiser, she rejected it - because my ideas and suggestions are never good enough. she always gets to in control.

she told me it was up to me to find the appraiser, when i found one, she rejected it and said her idea (use the one the bank will send out for the re-mortgage) is better and just dismissed my proposal

and i just let it go without even challenging her and identifying the pattern of behaviour. i fell back into slience and acceptance of being used and abused one more time.

i have just gone through something like this kitten thing with my daughter. be very concerned about the outcome.

1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know, I know.

Immediately after my children's mother left her smallest baby with me (because she couldn't take care of him), guess what she did.

Can you guess? I bet you can.

She got pregnant again.

She's due soon. Will that baby be coming to live with me? NO NO NO NO NO.

Do you think they do these sorts of things (ie, new babies, new kittens) to ease the pain of being alone?

2:32 PM  
Blogger Colleen said...

poor kittens
if she buys them, you should get custody of them too

and who knew you could write a check for crack (just kidding...just trying to make you laugh)

3:12 PM  
Blogger Guy Wonders said...

"Kittens? Fuck."

Nicely put.

7:22 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Once again you remind me how different the world looks as a parent than as a kid.

10:25 PM  
Blogger Holy Visile said...

First time reading your blog, sheesh, *hugs*.
Methinks you need to find a way to minimize mom's time with these kids, even if it is through a shrewd attorney.
Best of luck, hugs again.
- The Holiest (from AAGs blog-o-rama)

11:56 PM  
Blogger Cranky Yankee said...

The "kittens", the idea of them was an impulse. I'm sure you know that. Addicts have little if any impulse control and generally the outcome or result of the impulse positive or negative stimulates the addict just enough to "go with it" for a while. I promise you the kittens will be dumped on you as soon as they no longer provide her any stimulation. The response from the children upon hearing she was getting them kittens (fuck) probably temporarily filled that need she normally fills with drugs.

Everything an addict does is connected to the same thing. Is there any way you can have her committed? She is lost to addiction. She really needs intervention.

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home