Thursday, April 12, 2007

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety Jog

5:00 AM, PDT:

Lt. Trouble: Got everything?

Me: Yes.

Lt. Trouble: Are you sure?

Me: Of course I'm sure. I spent half the day yesterday packing to make sure it all fit. You realize you and your girlfriend gave the kids about three pounds of candy each?

Lt. Trouble: Did you pack your camera?

Me: Of course I packed it! Do you think I'm some sort of idiot? I wouldn't forget that! It's got all my pictures--including the ones of me and The Queen of Dorks. I'm not forgetting that!

Lt. Trouble: Okay, if you're sure--let's get to the airport.


5:00 pm, EST:


Me: (on the phone) Hi! We just landed! It was a good flight....ummm....I think I left the camera in my bedroom.

Lt. Trouble: Yeah. We'll mail it to you tomorrow.


yeharr

7 Comments:

Blogger terry said...

once again, the son becomes the parent...

12:04 AM  
Blogger Heidi the Hick said...

Darnit, why does that kid have to be so sensible?!

10:40 AM  
Blogger cadbury_vw said...

hah - i knew it as soon as i saw the vegas post on terry's blog

12:47 PM  
Blogger Colleen said...

ok, we've been emailing too long. i'm rubbing off on you

but how was the trip?!?!?!?!

10:51 AM  
Blogger Jefferson said...

Somewhere along the line, I caught on to your blog and tone, and I'm hooked.

One parent to another.

1:02 AM  
Blogger Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

HA HA! You can never be too sure.

8:15 AM  
Blogger Madame X said...

I guess I missed a bit while I was gone.

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home