Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Solids, Liquids, and Gasses

...were arrayed quite pleasingly at the lake.






It was nigh unto impossible to take a bad shot.


This one's my desktop image now:

I could have filled my camera with images like these. And these are just a few of the ones I took. Especially at sunset, it was gorgeous.

One evening, I spotted our neighbor sitting in his Adirondack chair, camera in hand. He's had his cabin on this lake since 1975. "Does it ever get old?" I asked him. "These sunsets? Do you ever get tired of them?"

He chuckled. "Never."

yeharr

10 Comments:

Blogger sassinak said...

do i have your email address?

huh huh? you're invited if you want to be :)

also? nice pics :)

1:15 PM  
Blogger Colleen said...

awesome pics

1:54 PM  
Blogger cadbury_vw said...

fabulous pictures

----

"I could have filled my camera with images like these"

interesting change in parlance with technology

at one time you would have said "i could have burnt all my film" or some such

3:47 PM  
Blogger Guy Wonders said...

Now that's a vacation spot. . . .

9:28 PM  
Blogger Heidi the Hick said...

I am not ignoring yoooooo I'm just on dial up this week waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh

I can't see any of your pictures. I'm imagining them. Can't wait to see what I'm imagining...

Good to hear about your awesome vacation. We still don't know what we're doing...or if we're doing...There have been some work related developments so our vacation might be reduced to a few days more at the farm. Which is great. Other than that dial up thing!

Back at ya when I"m back in hi speed land ok?

11:17 PM  
Blogger Notsocranky Yankee said...

Beautiful. I can imagine sitting back in a comfy chair with a cold drink in hand, looking at that view.

7:00 AM  
Blogger Timmy said...

very nice pics.

how could anyone get tired of sunsets like that.

7:31 AM  
Blogger Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

Beautiful dude.

4:57 PM  
Blogger terry said...

wow.

thanks for giving me a little imaginary vaca. i needed that.

11:00 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

As beautiful as those sunsets are, I like the picture of your kids jumping off the dock more. :)

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home